Please notice: Throughout this project when we use the word "mathematics" or "mathematician" we mean that word in a very inclusive sense. Thus, all relevant data from statistics, or computer science or operations research is welcome.
In the following paragraphs we shall try to outline our goals and our underlying philosophy for the GENEALOGY PROJECT. It is our goal to list all individuals who have received a doctorate in mathematics. For each individual we plan to show the following:
- The complete name of the degree recipient.
- The name of the university which awarded the degree.
- The year in which the degree was awarded.
- The complete title of the dissertation.
- The complete name(s) of the advisor(s).